Friday, August 12, 2011

A new blog for nice Marylanders

Yes, the rumors you've heard ARE true. I've started a new blog!

It's Nice Marylanders Over 35. And as its description says, it's "A Blog for the Nice Folks in AOL's Marylanders Over 35 Chat Room."

So, it'll be ugliness and drama free! Which means, among other things, that there will be no Anonymous comments allowed.

Another key feature is that each of you will be an "author" and thus free to post your own articles! Bonnie has already posted an article on the blog with details of how to do so.

I also hope that it'll be a lot more than just long articles by me. (Although I do encourage any and all articles by anyone.) I'd like it to be more like the old message boards: a place for posting announcements (births, marriages, graduations, awards, etc.); asking for help (from our many experts in law, medicine, cooking, mechanical stuff, etc.); exchanging recipes and such; jokes; stories; and the other stuff of normal living.

For now I've set it up so anyone can read it, but my approval of comments is required (mainly to keep out the Idiots). I'll probably eventually close it off to the public. So, Blogger will soon be sending you an email asking you to register with the blog. It requires prior registration with Google or Blogger. Both are a minor hassle... sorry about that. Note that AOL often dumps email from Blogger into your spam folder.

I "white list" for email and each of you has been added to my mail controls. If you change your email address or want to add one, just let me know. Ditto for anyone you wish to refer to the blog. My IMs remain open to anyone (except a few dunderheads).

I hope you both enjoy reading and participating in the new blog...

Christopher

6 comments:

  1. Taking a page out of vomits blog....
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xalan39o3x's participation in this chat room has been suspended by the room owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you dont even see team toothless commenting on this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Toothless knows his blog will be a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah you do.......youre doing it aent you??

    ReplyDelete

Don't be jealous of the Ugly's.