Monday, September 24, 2012

"What Would You Do If You Knew You Were Dying?"

(Written 9/23/12 by ChristopherK2 for the Uglier MDers blog)
 
That is a fairly common discussion in Geezer World, so I thought I summarize it here (with some adjustments for the Zombies, of course).  I'll be very interested in the thoughts of you youngin's.
 
Let's say that you have been told by a group of world-class doctors that you have exactly one year to live, that you'll be fine until the last month, and at that point you'll become pretty much useless.
 
The obvious emotional devastation aside, just exactly how would you spend those 11 good months?  It's not a Top 10 List, but following are some possibilities:
 
1. Create and carry out a "bucket list" of stuff you've thought about doing but never got around to because you've been too poor, too lazy, or just not all that interested.
 
2. Ignore the whole problem and just carry on normally, hoping it'll all just go away.
 
3. Spend as much time as possible "getting piss drunk and tearing up pussy."
 
4. Make sure all of your affairs are in order, pick out your casket, etc.
 
5. Spend as much time as possible with your family, best friends, etc.
 
6. Prepare letters to be sent *after* you die to everyone you've hated detailing your reasons.
 
7. Join a radical religious order (say, Catholicism) and pray 24/7/365 for a miracle.
 
8. Spend the bulk of your time working on the 14 "To Do" lists that you've been ignoring so that you can feel that you've "completed" your life, or something.
 
9. Post a confession on your blog that your "Mindfuck Game" was really created by your 5-year-old niece.
 
10. Start doing all of those things you didn't do before because they were bad for your health, like the Lemon Meringue Pie Diet, Chocolate Malted Milkshake Tuesdays, Unprotected Sex, and Cuban Cigars.
 
11. Make sure that you write at least FIVE blog articles a DAY about ME with my face pasted onto various pics you've STOLEN off the internet.
 
12. Leave instructions that you want to be frozen at the last minute and wrapped up in aluminum foil like Woody Allen in "Sleeper," and then waken up and fixed whenever the Orgasmatron has been invented.

17 comments:

  1. I'd stop wasting my time reading this shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. << I'd stop wasting my time reading this shit >>

    And yet, here you are reading this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure you were a lawyer because you dont appear to understand the English language. The question YOU posed was, "what would you do if you were dying?" It's a hypothetical question (seeing as I'm NOT dying) seeking an answer which is not in the present. Apparently, you don't comprehend your own question !!!

      Delete
    2. 8:54 PM, are you really that stupid?

      Delete
    3. << you dont appear to understand the English language. >>

      Oh, joy, a Zombie critiquing my writing skills.

      Thanks for the laughs!

      Delete
    4. No but apparently you are !!!

      Delete
    5. The use of three, yes three exclamation marks together is the sign of stupidity.

      Delete
    6. Informally, exclamation marks may be repeated for additional emphasis. Seeing as this rag of a blog is anything but formal, the above usage is acceptable.

      Delete
    7. The Zombie doesn't get understand basic punctuation marks. Are you sure needs a question mark at the end not a period.

      Delete
  4. << K2 your boreing >>

    So, basically, you bombed out at about fourth grade English? Sucks to be you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christopher, Deb here, I hate to say this myself but this is not one of your better articles. It wasn't as good of reading this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one wants to think about dying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go skydivin
    I'd go Rocky Mountain climbin
    I'd ride two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu-Man-Chu
    I would talk sweeter
    And I'd love deeper
    And I'd give forgiveness that I've been denyin
    And I hope some day you get the chance, to live like you were dyin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. << I'd ride two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu-Man-Chu >>

      Oh, I like THAT one! Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I like to play with my poo said K2

    ReplyDelete

Don't be jealous of the Ugly's.